Tuesday, November 2, 2010

...exploring new recipes...

Today I was finally brave and tried Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas - oh, are they yummy! I had to modify Karina's enchilada sauce recipe and use what I had on hand. Still great, makes my face sweat with the spice - woo hoo! I will post a picture of my creation later! I don't like corn tortillas, too dry for me - so I made tortillas using the Betty Crocker recipe, substituting a GF flour mix for the flour and corn meal. The cook up like a crepe and are so good! The filling on the enchiladas is a great mix of sweet and spicy! They look pretty awesome too! I will be making these again! I even cooked up my own black beans for this! Mine sauce was not vegan, as I could not find Vegetable Bouillion by Herbox - so I used chicken instead! If you want the original recipe - http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006/10/sweet-potato-black-bean-enchiladas.html Karina is an amazing and talented lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment